DCL Logistics is looking for talented professionals who thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, and want to be part of a team. We offer competitive pay and benefits. We’re strongly committed to diversity and welcome applications from all individuals. Please email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distribution SupervisorLouisville, KY
DCL Logistics is a 3PL that offers state of the art ecommerce and retail fulfillment services in the United States with facilities in California and Kentucky. We offer customized solutions that are designed to reduce costs, increase productivity, and improve the value of our clients' brand.
Our rapidly growing third party logistics company (3PL) seeks a Distribution Supervisor for our Louisville, KY location. The Distribution Supervisor will coordinate activities of the shipping department to ensure daily volume of work is processed accurately and on time. Oversee records documentation (verification and maintenance) of work orders, outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment
- Ensure correct staff workload planning. Responsible for supervision, appraising performance, and training & development of staff
- Develop Production Schedule for Outbound team.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformity relative to process and quality. Identify and record any problems relating to same. Initiate, recommend and provide solutions through designated channels, verify solution implementation, and control further processing, shipping, or delivery of non-conforming shipments until deficiency is corrected
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, shipment quality and equipment performance.
- Maintain integrity of the Distribution QWI and related sections. Train, document and implement in conjunction with QWI.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs, ensuring effective equipment utilization
- Maintain Production floor organization, safety & cleanliness among staff.
- Continually ensure equipment and all safety measures are in place, and that all staff has the required training. Promptly address safety issues and ensure all processes/procedures are in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Assure compliance to ISO 9000 as this relates to management of the Production areas. Audit processes and procedures for compliance & quality. Proactively review processes, identify potential problems, and provide recommendations to improve and maintain integrity of the process.
- Visually check first print labels or post print labels, if applicable with customer spec label for sameness, before allowing the label printer to continue printing labels orders
- Perform other job responsibilities, as necessary and/or assigned
- Ability to move 40+ pounds
- Work with computers for a majority of the day (looking into the screen and performing dat Entry/computer keyboarding)
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time with good manual dexterity
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment where temperature is affected by weather conditions
- 2+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, with at least 1 year of previous Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and follow-through
- AA degree or above preferred
- Experience with both B2C & B2B (small parcel & LTL) preferred.
If interested, please email your resumes to email@example.com.