“The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.”
DCL Logistics is a 3PL that offers state of the art ecommerce and retail fulfillment services in the United States with facilities in California and Kentucky. We offer customized solutions that are designed to reduce costs, increase productivity, and improve the value of our clients’ brand.
Our rapidly growing third party logistics company (3PL) seeks a Strategic Account Manager (SAM) for our Louisville, KY location based in the Riverport area. The Strategic Account Manager will be part of a team that supports a rapidly growing ecommerce program for a customer in the consumer technology industry.
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) has primary responsibility for key account management on the highest level. Reporting to DCL’s President, the SAM, will be the primary, senior interface with the customer.
Take a peek inside of our facility at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Zxm8N6tiU.
• Ensuring the DCL-delivered solution(s) align with the Master Services Agreement and any associated Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs), Statements or Work (SOWs), and price schedules
• Ensuring ongoing service levels (SLAs) and customer satisfaction metrics are achieved
• Proactively identify, define, and close new opportunities
• Work in partnership with internal teams to develop and present process, program, and service level improvement opportunities with the goal of positioning DCL as our customer’s strategic business partner
• Managing overall client relationships, helping to guide clients in decisions and direction on their many programs and projects. You will be juggling all the related details, including SOPs, contracts, project plans, overall pricing, and product/promotion launches. You will work with a wide variety of clients, in many diverse industries, and provide creative, innovative solutions to highly complex client needs & business Challenges.
• Act as the “Voice of the Customer” to help define DCL priorities, strategies, processes, and operational improvements
Project Management / New Program Implementation Duties
• Work independently, and/or with Sales, to support new requirements and solutions for customers
• Coordinate, define, and create customer-required, unique SOPs and ensure internal DCL ownership responsibilities for customer deliverables
• Escalate to DCL operations any and all customer concerns and/or issues related to operations as they arise.
• In conjunction with Sales and Account Management, lead customer calls/meetings
• Identify and manage “scope creep” internally and with the client
• Ensure maximum customer service satisfaction, balanced by operational and business necessities, to create long-term customer retention.
• Design business processes and manage implementation of business processes and associated IT development in cooperation with the customer. Translate complex requirements into something that can be managed with excellence and operational efficiency; and communicate internally.
Ongoing Strategic Account Management Duties
• Develop and maintain deep and intimate customer relationships with all functional groups and levels within the client organization
• Problem solve quickly when issues arise with day-to-day client challenges by effectively working with site Customer Support Managers and/or Account Managers to execute client needs
• Primary responsibility for developing proactive solutions and process improvements leveraging DCL capabilities.
• Primary customer-facing contact for existing business, conflict resolution, compliance to SLAs, contract management, and negotiations.
• Operate as the internal customer advocate by identifying, understanding, communicating, and ultimately meeting customer requirements.
• Understand all client programs and their nuances, including pricing, SLAs & contracts/addendums
• Primary commercial and business liaison between the customer and DCL’s internal organization.
• Coordinate, consolidate, and provide senior management with timely reports on defined operational performance metrics (KPIs, SLAs, CARs, etc)
• Communicate actively up the organization with VP of Operations, VP of Sales, VP of Technology, and the President.
• Prepares, presents, facilitates and/ or directs periodic business reviews with clients, as required.
DCL Logistics is an award-winning third party Logistics Company headquartered in the Bay Area. We provide logistics and fulfillment services to high growth startups and Fortune 500 companies. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service, our customer-centric approach, and best-in-class inventory and fulfillment technology.
As an analyst on the team, you are responsible for owning and implementing data-driven insights and measuring the efficacy of our operations and systems at driving growth and operating margin. You must be analytically and technically adept, a collaborative and passionate natural leader, and someone who can influence a highly cross-functional team.
• Engage directly with the executive team and managers to understand the drivers of each business and department
• Simplify complex problems and huge data sets and extract non-obvious insights
• Conduct deep dives and analytical investigations into inconsistent trends in data
• Partner with the IT to deliver robust and scalable reporting automation
• Building Tableau dashboards that surface data into actionable insights for stakeholders and allow Operations to build processes around them
• Create and deliver impactful presentations that tell a story focused on insights
• 3+ years of experience as a data analyst, ideally in tech and/or logistics
• Experience in logistics or fulfillment a big plus
• Ability to create and foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
• Experience analyzing data and telling a story that helps align cross-functional leaders and execs
• Strong analytical and technical skills – ability to write efficient queries leveraging databases such as MySQL and build dashboards in Tableau
• Familiarity with other business intelligence tools (Power BI, Domo, Lookr, etc) is a plus
• Excel power user
• Strategic thinker who’s able to lift up from the analytical tasks and connect the dots to implement strategy and change
• Not afraid to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
• Clear and effective communicator – lead regular metrics meetings and communicate insights to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Operate as a consultant and thought partner for the team
DCL Logistics is a 3PL that offers state of the art fulfilment services in the United States with facilities in California and Kentucky. We offer highly customizable solutions that are designed to reduce costs, increase productivity, and improve the value of our clients’ brand.
With headquarters in Fremont, CA (Silicon Valley), DCL Logistics provides services to online and offline businesses, manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, retailers and buyers. Our services span from warehouse fulfillment, freight delivery, EDI solutions, inventory management, and most critically customer service.
The Director of Client Services (DCS) is the primary customer liaison and is responsible to lead, build, and develop a best-in-class client service team of 20+ individuals. The core mission of the group is to help drive growth by nurturing existing client relationships.
The DCS will serve as a key management contact for the customers, working with the DCL management team to improve processes and services, and execute company strategies. The candidate must be detailed oriented, develop and execute complex programs at a high level, and have excellent management skills.
• Organize, direct and monitor daily activities of Customer Support Managers and their staff, which includes ensuring efficient workload planning and distribution, performance metrics, training and development, and handling personnel issues as appropriate.
• Develop operational relationships with DCL customers, assuring their needs are met and exceeded. Serve as key liaison between customers, sales, operations and finance to resolve status, production, delivery and billing challenges.
• Develop and implement a National training program for the Client Service team to ensure all team members can execute their day-to-day customer programs and company initiatives.
• Oversee and direct all customer quarterly business reviews.
• Lead the CS team in ISO-required Quality meetings.
• Proactively review customer service practices to ensure timely and professional service to exceed customer expectations.
• Seek out ways to improve customer service practices and related DCL processes, and identify & implementation process improvements to increase group productivity.
• Diagnose any potential areas needing improvement, collaborate cross functionally to integrate changes.
• Partner effectively with Sales and Operations Leadership.
• Determine if Pricing Policy should be updated or modified in response to changes in scope of customer requirements, etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent relevant work experience
• 5+ years of management experience – Director and 3PL experience preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in customer support or equivalent.
• Strong initiative, leadership, negotiating, analytical and problem-solving
• Excellent oral & written communications, interpersonal, organizational, time and project management skills
• Strong sense of urgency, and ability to make timely decisions
• Experience working with SaaS tools, Excel, and business intelligence tools